My music site has moved!

If you are looking for my professional music website, it has moved to annerhodes.net.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Upcoming Performances

Here’s some preliminary info about my performances this Spring. Look for more descriptive individual posts closer to each performance date.


March 27 (Tuesday)
“Flows and Intensities"
Kyle Brenders: Graduate Recital

8pm, Memorial Chapel

Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT

Multiple formations of Kyle’s large ensemble work, “follow line flow line follow”. A single linear/modular composition performed in various forms by various combos of talented Wesleyan graduate students, undergrads and alumni. I’m especially excited to be appearing in a duo with Kyle (soprano sax) in this performance.

April 8 (Easter Sunday)
Easter Service

10 am, First Congregational Church

222 West Main St.

Waterbury, CT

I will sing the soprano aria “I know that my redeemer liveth” from Handel’s Messiah, with Music Director/Organist Ronald Ebrecht. There will be some other good Easter music, but I’m not sure what it is yet.

April 14 (Saturday)
Tribute to Tenney
8pm, same Chapel

In this concert of music influenced by American composer James Tenney (1934-2006), I will be performing graduate composition student Eric Paul’s composition “For Anne (Rhodes)”, an electro-acoustic piece based on Tenney’s “For Anne (Rising)”.

April 29 (Sunday)
Eric Paul: Graduate Recital
2pm, Chapel

From what I know so far, this concert will be a really cool piece of performance art by Wesleyan grad. student composer Eric Paul, featuring instrumentalists, electronic music, film and theater. I’ll be appearing as an actor in the theater part.

No comments: