My music site has moved!

If you are looking for my professional music website, it has moved to annerhodes.net.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Bruxism this Friday, Classical Recital in August

Carl and I have a show this Friday at the Art League of New Britain, as part of their Hideout Performance Series. We'll be doing some original stuff, as well as pieces by Chris McDonald, Sabrina Schroeder, and Katie Young. This is a great chance to hear C. McD's great piece for wearable electronics and voice, as well as Carl's marvellously ear-splitting bullhorn duet.

Bruxism (Anne Rhodes, voice, and Carl Testa, bass, bass clarinet, and electronics)
Friday, July 18 at 7pm
Suggested donation $5
Art League of New Britain
30 Cedar St.
New Britain, CT 06052
contact@albn.org

As for performing the rest of the summer, I'm largely devoting my efforts to a classical recital, which will include works by Mozart, Schubert, Debussy, Gounod, Barber, and Menotti. I've been working with a wonderful new teacher, Elizabeth Saunders, and am really excited to demonstrate what I've learned from her so far. Joining me for this recital will be Boston-based collaborative pianist Steven Morris. Steven and I haven't had a chance to work together since I moved away from Boston, and I can't wait to perform with him again.

(Please note that this is a SATURDAY AFTERNOON recital.)

Anne Rhodes, soprano
Steven Morris, piano
Saturday, August 23 at 3:00 p.m.
Suggested donation $10
First Presbyterian Church of New Haven
705 Whitney Ave., New Haven, CT 06511
(203) 562-5664

No comments: